Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Therapy and juice

This post is not about anything in specific. Just thought I would write a bit.

I am absolutely exhausted. I did not get a chance to take a break from 8am-5pm. I was so relieved at 5pm when I got home.  I had a few appointments plus taking/picking up my daughter from school. May not sound like much but it was a jam-packed day. One of the appointments was about my daughter at school. She has been in the special education program for a communication disability, and today was her yearly meeting. They have decided that she no longer has the disability and no longer needs to be in special education. I’m excited for her.


I also had therapy today. It went well. We talked about me doing group DBT instead of just doing the therapy with him. I don’t think I’m someone who would do well in group therapy but I promised I would look into it. We talked about my current mood versus my mood at my appointment last week. I told him there wasn't much of a difference. Then he took out his fancy doctor notes and put on his reading glasses. I was "distant", "unresponsive", and a few other things that I can't remember. Turns out I wasn't as stable then as I thought I was. 

We also talked about psychological testing for kids with ADHD. Yes we got a little off topic. We talk a lot about psychology, even if it has little, or sometimes nothing, to do with me. I like these talks a lot, especially when I’m having a tough time cause they cheer me up. I’ve also figured out that if I ask him a psychology question right at the end of a session I get some extra time. Like today, I was leaving when I asked him what this object was. He explained what it was and then gave me an awesome mini lecture on the ADHD testing. Anddddd he did some of the tests on me. I passed, although some of it was tough!

After that I went to the store to get some juice. I picked some random juice off the shelf.


When I got to the register I found out it was 90 cents. 90 CENTS!! That's crazy!

I've felt pretty down about my weight and the fact that I can barely fit in my clothes, some clothes I can't fit in at all. So I decided to go on an actual diet. Then I found this:
.... oops. To make up for it I got a mango.

I really am going to watch what I eat. I promise. For me though it's going to take some practice. I'm also going to try to get back into pilates. I did some last night and surprising I was able to do more than I thought. I'm very sore today, we'll see how much I'm able to do tonight :)

I'm in a good mood despite the exhausting day and some other stressful things going on. Wish I was this stable all the time. Hopefully by writing about my good days I'll have something to look back on when I'm having a tough time. Maybe it will help. 

Ok, this post was much longer than I meant it to be. Not sure how many of you stuck around til the end. Thank you to those who got this far :)

7 comments:

  1. Awesome juice deal, can u make a mango juice smoothie? And maybe you could do well in group if u thought of it as teaching moments for the other members. You love to share for the purpose of education. I bet you could help s lot of people. - jillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving reading these blogs of yours even though I don't comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made a very brave choice making this public. I envy you for that. Keeping these things hidden is part of the problem. Admitting you struggle is a step towards recovery and managing your black cloud.
    I imagine a lot of people relate to what you have written, I definitely feel it will help others :)

    (Sorry if that came across as counsellory... tldr: great blog ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was very tough to make this public but I feel very good that I did so.

      Delete
    2. I can imagine. It's Jen btw.. not intentionally anonymous :)

      Delete